Bad Hair Day is a 2015 Disney Channel Original Movie, starring Laura Marano (from Austin & Ally), Leigh-Allyn Baker (from Good Luck Charlie) and Christian Campbell. The first promo aired on Disney Channel during the Season 3 finale of Austin & Ally"Relationships & Red Carpets" on November 23, 2014. The film premiered on February 13, 2015.
CastSet in Boston, Monica Reeves (Laura Marano), a high school tech whiz, is determined to become prom queen. She prepares herself the day before prom so she can save time when it comes, and thinks nothing will go wrong. But on the big day, she suddenly wakes up having a bad hair day, and her destroyed prom dress, broken shoes, and everything that can go wrong does go badly wrong (and of course the hair). While all this is happening, Monica's friend witnesses everything. Then, a doorbell is heard and Monica opens the door to a lady claiming to be an FBI agent. Liz Morgan (Leigh-Allyn Baker) seeks the necklace that Monica somehow ends up possessing, after buying it at an antique shop, wanting to recover it and get her job back. Prom day goes wrong as the pair is pursued by Pierce Peters (Christian Campbell) on a wild ride around the city. At the end of the movie, Monica and Liz are lured into a trap by Pierce but they outsmart him and he is arrested. Monica and Liz go to the prom in a full police procession and the movie ends with a happy ending, the two both learning valuable lessons.
- Laura Marano as Monica Reeves, a high school tech whiz who prefers to choose things based on other people's opinions.
- Leigh-Allyn Baker as Liz Morgan, a "down-on-her-luck cop" who is tracking down a diamond necklace Monica purchased at a pawn shop.
- Christian Campbell as Pierce Peters, a "dogged jewel thief" who is trying to steal Monica's diamond necklace.
- Kiana Madeira as Sierra, Monica's best friend.
- Christian Paul as Ed, Liz's former partner.
- Alain Goulem as Monica's dad who works as a nurse.
- Jake Manley as Kyle, Monica's former boyfriend.
- Zoé De Grand Maison as Ashley, Monica's rival.
- Susan Almgren as The Chief. She is Liz's mother and the strict chief of police.